Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter Crafting

I'm always up for trying something new when it comes to crafting. Scrapbooking remains my very favorite thing to do in this arena...but that doesn't mean I don't like to switch it up. So a few weeks ago when my sister in law texted saying that she had an idea for her daughters room and wanted me to help I said, "of course!"

Hours later I ran off the the craft store to pick up these babies...


She wanted the letters to match a safari/lion king room but be able to transition out of the "baby" phase at some point. So I gathered about $30 worth of materials and set to work...

And this is what I came up with!...

I love it when I finish a project and can't wait to give it to the person it was intended for. I was really happy with the way these turned out. They have a bit of a cartoon-ish look to them that suits a childs room. I also added some ribbon on a few of the letters to finish it off.

Can you believe that on etsy letters like these can go for $20, each? It only took thirty bucks and about an hour of my time to complete 6 of them. I could make a killing! :).... Nah, I don't want to quit my scrappy day job. But it was fun to dabble. What sort of other crafts do you enjoy?

1 comment: