Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rainbows Forever

Evareaux is on a huge rainbow kick. Rainbows and pony's make up 75% of her life right now. Who could blame her? They are just so happy. So I decided to be a cool Mom and paint an accent wall in her room accordingly. Here's how it turned out...


I wanted the colors to sort of match up with that triangle blanket and am so happy with the way it looks! She even helped me a bit in the process...


That "Be Happy" mirror melts me. I found it at Marc's (a low end grocery store) for $2.50. Can you believe that?! I have a lot of other plans for this rainbow room, but for now she loves it.


and since I'm still a kid at heart I decided to use the same colors for my own accent wall in my office. Why not? I had the paint already. I originally planned on doing a ton of triangles. Something more like this...


except covering the entire space. I sketched it out and fully intended on doing this (I sketch like a total pro, ya'll)...


But then I got the first three lines of tape up, stepped back, and thought... hey, that's pretty dang cool just like that! I'm pleased with the way it turned out and as a bonus I didn't have to tape off a gillion triangles and worry about the paint seeping or stuff being uneven. Winning. The paint is even more vibrant in person, if you can believe that.


Here's a typical day in the office (filters tone down the bright paint a lot). Stacks of scrap crap. Sewing machine on the floor. A super adult coffee mug. A little bugger swiping my favorite pens... so that's where they all go!...


Be back soon. It's nap time (the best time!) so I need to get to work in that very professional and grown up rainbow office of mine. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Both rooms are amazing! Did you use Frog tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use frog tape. If you look closely some of the lines seeped a little, but for the most part it worked well.

      Delete
  2. Love this - that striped rainbow room for your daughter is so perfect for her!! Love rainbows, myself!!! And your way cool wall makes your office a super creative. cool place to work in!! Can't wait till I can paint the walls in my space HOWEVER I want!!! Have a beautiful week - this has been awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You will have so much fun painting however your little heart desires! You'd be surprised what it will do for your creativity too. :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE both of these rooms!!! What a great job you did - the colors are amazing. Can I come play in your work space???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, both rooms look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete