Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Project Life Love

I spent the last part of 2014 catching up on the remaining weeks of Project Life. This is the third year that I've completed this project without missing a week. I'm not saying that to brag, or to make anyone feel bad for missing things, or starting and stopping.. I'm saying that because that's how much I love this project. Good weeks or bad. Depression or happy times. Mundane moments and celebrations. It's all there, in the pages. The idea of documenting the everyday stuff means a lot to me. It's awesome to flip through the albums and remember these times.

Looking back at the previous years makes me really psyched to keep going. It's hard to believe how drastically our lives have changed over the course of 3 years. A new baby. Three big moves. Old jobs and new ones. Roller derby. Age milestones. Achievements, great and small. A lot has happened, and I look forward to documenting the year ahead.

Here are my recent pages in case you want to see (does anyone want to see? I never know if it's over-sharing or if people do like to see my take on the project.) (also, I have the rest of the year done so I can share that soon too, if you want.)...


Left. (I'm finding that my pink hair is making me want to include more photos of myself.) 


Right.


Left



Right. (using a candy box for a pocket.)


Left. (paint swatches for a pocket.)


Right. (I have to write my thoughts about Aidan's 18th bday on that card still. 18!)



Left.

Right.


On the night of this Black & Blue bout (see above) one of my friends was in a serious car accident that resulted in her death weeks later. On my next PL post I want to talk a little bit about scrapping through the hard times and my thoughts on including those in the story.... also, how I cope with documenting things a month after they happen and how I keep things straight.

5 comments:

  1. I adore your style! Your PL pages always look awesome! I also lyour pink hair is purty! Question, I think you answered this a while back BUT what size do you print your pics? Do you print at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do print them at home using the "contact sheet" printing option from my iPhoto program. They end up being either just under 2"x3", or for the square ones 2&1/2" by 2&1/2".

      Delete
  2. Those caramel apple sugar babies are a favorite it my house, we buy them at the 99 cent only store year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them there too. Oh no, now I'm in trouble. I used to just stalk up once a year!

      Delete
  3. So, So, So impressed with your consistency and your success with this Project Life thing!! What a treasure these books will be for you and your family!! A photo-rich journal!! Such an awesome achievement!! So pleased for you!!!

    ReplyDelete