Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mr. Personality

To say I have a smiley baby would be a gross an understatement. His personality is unparalleled. Seriously. This kid has jokes. He'll just sit there studying you, waiting quietly with this look on his face....


Then as soon as you make eye contact he gives you this, I'm about to be hilarious, be ready for it, grin...

Then he's all, "Do you see how stinking funny I am? See how I can smile so big I almost crack my face in half?... do you like my Jack Nicholson impression and the way my hair even curls over my ear like his?... Wheeeere's Johnny?"...."

Now do you wanna see one of my tricks? I have so many....

With Dez I always feel like I'm part of some inside joke. He makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the room (and it's not just me, he does this to everyone...). No matter what kind of mood I'm in he can bring a smile and giggle to my lips in mere seconds. Like magic. It'll be interesting to see how this develops when he grows. I can only imagine whats going on in that head of his...


New tricks include: standing on his own (even though he never seems to notice he's doing it); antagonizing his big sister (and finding it hilarious); barking like a dog; sneaking things the puppy shouldn't have over the fence to him; shaking his head,"no," with perfect comedic timing (like after I ask, "you love your Mommy, don't you Dezi?"); waiting to poop until we are in public (and then as loudly and noticeably as possible); the list goes on... I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

3 comments: