Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July

Last years fourth was one of the worst holidays I've ever had, for a variety of reasons. To make a long story short I was 7 months pregnant, Hottie worked a 26 hour day, I attempted to take the kids the the parade and shenanigans downtown in 107 degree weather alone (Cuz sometimes I am under the false impression that I am in fact Wonder Woman.). It. Was. Terrible.

But you wouldn't be able to tell by the photos because these kids are troopers, and if there is icees involved they will endure just about anything.... and forget it before the ice melts...


I, on the other hand, have this holiday trauma forever engrained in my brain. So this year I was determined to make it better. I talked my sis in law into making a trip here from VA to see us. (using the puppy as bait. hahahaha, insert evil laugh here) We don't really have much planned and it is supposed to rain on and off here all day which will possibly cancel the fireworks.... but I have no doubt that having family in town will make it great.... or at least better than last year. (Isn't it awesome when expectations are nice and low? no pressure, whatsoever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment