Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Washi Wednesday

What is not to love about washi Wednesday? Each Wednesday I will try to show you a new project featuring my biggest product love affair....washi/decorative tape. For some reason or another I can't seem to keep my hands off of it. Hm, maybe I will narrow that down and share next week. What makes it so irresistible to me? Why do I have such a crush on using the sticky stuff on every. single. layout? I will did deeper and report back.

This weeks layout is fittingly titled, "Things I Love, Right Now." (Hey, it is February and I am trying to keep in the love theme here, people.)....not surprisingly, washi made the list.
Each patterned strip on the left is a different tape. I love that they come in different widths. 

I also still have googly eyes for the Crate Paper, Paper Heart line. Those letters are so darling and the turquoise heart paper needs to be hoarded and used to cover my bedroom wall. It makes me smile for some reason...oh, I know why, it's two things I love: blue and tiny hearts. done and done.

This page came together in less than 45 minutes. As soon as I had the tape in place I knew it would provide a nice line up for journaling of some sort. That's when I thought of compiling a spur of the moment list of my loves. Obviously, I love my husband and children (most days...hehe, totally kidding....if they are reading this, that is....he). I wanted to include things that weren't so generic and obvious. It's almost as if a stranger could see this layout and gain a little insight into who I am....you know, a total sugar crazed, dancing, singing, weirdo who never wants to work. And it will serve as a nice time capsule....you never know, maybe next year I will give up sugar (ok, I lied. That will never happen.) But, you get what I mean.

What have you been up to with your washi?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this page! I only have 3 washi tapes and they aren't colors or patterns I am too fond of - I got them in kits. I am hoping to get some of the new ones from AC and Bella!!

    ReplyDelete