Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Dance

This is what happy looks like...
 It is maybe the cutest thing ever.

And I have been doing my happy dance a lot around here lately because of these two gems "Shiny & New"...
As seen in the October 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.
 I obtained permission to post the layout based on a CK sketch. Journaling reads: Today you got new shoes, a new headband and a BRAND NEEEEEEW CAR! [game show voice]--& you had the time of your life. Luckily we got it all on video & took a million photos.


And here is "Lollipop Kids"...
Lollipop accent as seen online at Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.
Journaling reads: What a sweet treat! Ev's 1st lollipop. Nakiah showed her how to enjoy each lick...they even tried each others flavors. Now that is sweet.


This is the one I told you about where they purchased the rights to the accent. I made all three steps and set them up for a tutorial. I am really pleased with the way the lollipops turned out. The idea was to highlight the bright colors of the candy while adding some kind of dimension and interest. Mission accomplished! I used cardstock and ribbon as well as patterned paper. It gives the finished product a nice texture....oh, and don't forget the straws for sticks!

I can't wait to make something like this again but using the new product called glubers by Cosmo Cricket (super sticky and made for elements like this)...cuz when I made mine I used hot glue and burned my fingers a lot (not so happy).

Have you done any happy dancing lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment