Friday, October 9, 2015

Welcome to Cleveland


I'm crying as I write this, but smiling too. Last week my Dad, Stepmom, and little brother and sister came to visit all the way from South Dakota. I haven't seen them in six years. SIX years. What the what?! It was so wonderful to see them and get to know my siblings as adults (since they are perpetually 4 and 1 year olds in my mindseye.) I loved hanging out, chatting, building stuff, and just sitting around and staring at each other. But the best part was scenes like this... 


I've never seen Evareaux warm up to someone with such lightening speed. This photo was snapped only 5 minutes after they arrived. She bonded immediately with her Grandpa Scott... and it didn't take Dez long at all to follow suit... My Dad is really good at connecting and playing with the kids. It means the world to me to see them being so loved. (crying again. jeez.) It breaks my heart that we aren't close enough to have this regularly. But, I'm so happy they got this time with him. I cherished it.


 I didn't take nearly enough photos. Can you believe that?! What's wrong with me? I'm usually the epitome of a shutterbug! But I think you will notice a trend in the ones I did snap...


I think the only times she left his side were when she slept and went to school.. and maybe when they used the bathroom...


Em and Dez spent some time together too. He even locked her in his bedroom so she'd stay and play..


I'll admit. I kinda wanted to lock them all up so they wouldn't leave. It was a joy to see them..


Dude. Did I mention my siblings are like real life, actually grown up adults? There is a 12 year-ish gap in our ages.. so you can imagine my surprise when this guy shows up on the doorstep with facial hair and a 6'3" body!


One thing about not seeing family for so long is that you notice all of the changes in them. All week long all I could think about was how missing out on six years is absolutely ridiculous! I can't let that much time go by again. I want to stay connected. I plan to do my part, so I can stop crying like a big fat baby about it. Ok, ok. Enough of Bummertown. (but wahhhhhhh! why can't we live closer or be rich enough to fly & see each other all of the time?)

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful memories and beautiful photos of some really sweet and bonding moments!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete