Tuesday, August 20, 2013

51 weeks

I've been MIA for a whole week. There's a good reason. Last week was a doozy. I won't go into it because I really don't like to blab about negative, heavy stuff on here. But it was hard. I had some emotional stuff go down.... as well as one of the busiest weeks in a long time. Between the first day of school, nursing a roller derby injury back to health, Hottie's work function, crazy puppy antics, and kids being kids.... I didn't really have room for anything else to pile on. Unfortunately life doesn't work like that.

In the midst of it all it occurred to me that I have lost the balance I strive so hard to maintain. Somewhere in juggling all of life's balls I've dropped a few. My health and fitness has gone out the door (sadly, it's always the first thing to go, I tend to put myself last on the list of importance.) It's time to find that sweet spot again and take care of myself both mentally and physically.

So I'm processing the stress and the sadness and the overwhelmed, I can't do it all, feeling... and at the same time I am trying to remember that this has indeed been one of the happiest years of my life... and if, out of 52 weeks, 51 of them are happy and good (even when there are little defeats and struggles mixed in there too), I am actually doing pretty well.

And because I don't want to be a total bummer, here are some cute photos.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sorry it's been a rough week. And, you're right, taking care if ourselves seems to be the first thing to go (I've been struggling with this myself). I hope the remainder of the weeks are better! :)

    ReplyDelete