Monday, October 10, 2011

Ballet, Blink & a Baby Shower

This past week has been a whirl wind. We have so much going on as a family lately! Last night I updated my calendar and realized that it will only get busier until after the New Year.

I enrolled Evareaux (who is 2 and has never been in daycare or classes or anything like it) in parent and me ballet. Mostly because I want to see how she is around other kids that are not siblings or cousins. Also it's nice because it falls on Hottie's day off so we can both go see her do lots of this...


 And this...

Obviously we need to work more on getting her out of her comfort zone and into group settings. Funny how she comes home and does all of the moves she observed in class with a big grin on her face. Maybe before the session is over she will point her toes and do butterfly arms with the best of them.

On Saturday my older sister and I went to the Blink 182 concert (love!) at the Hollywood Bowl (awesome venue). See, I have proof...

It was an amazingly good show. You just can't beat shout-singing your favorite old punk songs with your sister by your side. That is the best. The most memorable part of the evening was during the encore. The drummer, Travis Barker (best drummer in the WORLD) was strapped to a tiny stage at the end of a crane with his drum set. As he began playing the stage lifted and lifted and lifted some more. The crowd lit up like a candle with cell phones (people recording this a-may-zing feat). The crane moved him 4 stories above the crowd and then side to side. Just when we thought it could not possibly be more impressive...it proceeds to tilt him down toward the crowd at a 45degree angle. And there he is drumming his fool head off (I like to compare his style to Animal from the muppet babies.) for 3 minutes straight. I wish I could have taken proper video or at least a photo of that because it was EPIC. For real.

Then on Sunday I attended my Sister in Laws' baby shower. I wanted to do something special. So I made this onesie bouquet...

Well, really it is 4 onesies, 4 wash cloths, 2 hats, and 2 pairs of socks. It was a challenge at first to figure out how to get these in with the flowers and make it look pretty. Once I put it in the proper pot everything came together wonderfully. The ladies at the party were saying how I should be selling these puppies. That made me super happy.

Here it is from the back...

This week I am hosting a Halloween themed bunco. I plan to make lots of tasty treats and a quick costume. That should be lots of fun. I LOVE throwing Halloween events. The possibilities are endlesss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment