Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Like Peanut Butter and JAM

There are a lot of things that I'm wanting to blog about here. Thoughts about what it's like to run a successful business while battling anxiety and depression (I'm sure you're REALLY excited to hear about that! ha!). Balancing family life with work life... etc. But today I thought it would be fun to show off some of the looks I've created over the past month or two.

I NEVER would have thought styling would come so naturally to me. ... I mean, I guess if I REALLY sat down and thought about it, it would make sense. I spent YEARS mixing and matching prints for my scrapbooking creations. That translates easily to patterns on clothing. Turns out all of that scrapping trained my eye and I didn't even realize what I was doing. #lucky

When I was in High School I used to ask for a Vogue subscription for my birthday. No one in my family was ever "into fashion." We dressed solely for comfort and affordability. But as an artistic soul I was drawn to the bold color and wild prints in high fashion. I loved the visuals of the different editorials I'd find. I used the fashion magazines to hone my drawing skills. Never in ONE MILLION YEARS would I have thought that I'd be subscribing again one day in order to be on top of the latest trends. That I'd be translating that into MY BUSINESS. THAT I OWN.

Like, WHOA.

It makes me so happy.

Wearing pulled together, well fitting, comfortable looks for the past year has changed me as a person. My confidence is up. My self image is up (I even don't mind being IN the photos now!!). I feel accomplished. I feel like I can SLAY.  I feel worthy.

I'm thrilled to have a career where I can help other women feel the same. We all deserve to have the chance to feel amazing. No matter our age, size, or social status. GET IT.

So here are some of the looks I've pulled out of my inventory.... making outfits is my JAM..




















No comments:

Post a Comment