Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Smash It Like you Mean It

In the past I have posted about my love of the Smash phenom....but it occurred to me recently that I have never shown you any of my smash stuff. Why not? I dunno. But I am about to fix that.

Here is a video that KandCompany released to show what the Smash books are all about...

My favorite part of these books (it's quite hard to choose a favorite part because I love everything about them, really) might be the pen/glue stick. It allows me to smash in whatever my little heart desires right then and there. I don't have to hunt down adhesive or wait for the page to come together. I just make it work. (Thank you, Tim Gunn, I will always think of you when I say those 3 words.)

Here is my cover...I kept it really simple cuz I carried this around in my purse or diaper bad and didn't want to add a bunch of stuff that would just get damaged.    
 Inside cover... cloud card that has personal journaling inside...
Inside pages...washi washi washi (You may sense a trend throughout this book. I just happened to receive this gift at about the same time as my obsession with washi began.) Disneyland parking passes.

Bits and pieces from a scavenger race I participated in...
Travel tickets and dreams for more to come...
 On the left is my first check from a scrapbook company! Woot! On the right a wide Instax of me with a layout bound for Scrapbook Trends in Utah. Toot Toot!
Snippets from my trip to St. Louis including an Instagram photo printed out using the Postal Pix app...
 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon stuff...
 Scrap area (maybe when I grow up I will get a whole roooom.) wish list...
 Random Instax and fun typography. Washi....
 Concert stub and freebies...

For me smashing is a combination of keeping a journal and a personal memory book. I like to use it as a place to record my thoughts or feelings, whatever they might be. The little extras like ticket stubs and photos and such are those things that don't fit well into scrapbook layouts but are too treasured to let go of. Smashing is something that I do for me and me alone. Anything goes. I can dress up the pages or keep them super simple. The book doesn't need to have a cohesive theme....color scheme...thought process...it's simply whatever I want on any given day....and sometimes months in between.

So here is a link to the Smash book look book (say that 5x fast). It's a great idea to check it out if your interest for these babies is piqued at all. There are a lot of different options for smashing and all of the extras are really fun to play with as well.

Consider me hooked.

Recently a friend bought me the Pretty Pink Smash Folio (woohoo for Christmas coming early). I can't wait to play with it and have lots of ideas for making the pages more involved then I did with my first one. I mean, with starters like these how can I resist?


No comments:

Post a Comment