Tuesday, November 1, 2011

As Promised

Since I am a girl who likes to keep her word I have some photos of things I made at CKU. But first I want to show off some family photos from last night...

Carving Pumpkins...
 She kept licking the outside...
 Aidan had some serious focus going...

In their costumes...
Aidan the sorcerer...
 Nakiah the Skeleton Reaper...
 Evareaux, terrified of her brothers costumes...
Luckily she got over it quickly and we managed to have a wonderful time trick or treating.

Ok. On to some CKU Reunion goodness. On the first night we were whisked hither and fro to make all kinds of fun little things. The first one was this tray...
Each teacher at the event taught us a square or two. Of course I had to sort of do my own thing with the supplies that they handed out. I'll use it as a nice Fall decoration.

Here is a fun bracelet we made with the help of Megan Hoeppner. It took less than 10 minutes....

On the second night during the crop they handed us this bag of stuff. Random paper, some tickets, maps, book pages, rub ons, stickers, a manilla folder, etc. Then they said to go ahead and make a journal for ourselves. No examples or directions were provided. I decided to embrace the challenge. This is what I came up with...




It was a lot of fun to just do my own thing with these items I had no hand in picking out. I'm pleased with the result and what I learned. This project would be a great stash buster...and it goes to show that you can throw together the most random supplies and make something you never thought of making before. Maybe you should try it too!

One of my core classes on Saturday was called "She Made Today Count," taught by Christy Tomlinson. I made this mixed media canvas...
This was by far my favorite non-scrapping class. We did use a lot of scrap supplies....rub-ons, ink, stamps, patterned paper, glue, pens, and markers. Any time I can just layer and doodle and anything goes I am so in. This class was totally inspiring, I didn't want to leave! ...and I don't consider this piece finished by any stretch of the imagination. I plan to add my texture, shading, and tons and tons of doodling. I totally recommend checking out Christy's site cuz she's got a lot of rad stuff going on over there.


Ok. That is enough CKU talk for one day. There is more to share but that will have to wait for another day. I am still recovering from all of the fun. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment