Monday, November 7, 2011

CKU Reunion Wrap Up

Finally. Here are the goods people....

During the CKU Reunion in La Jolla I took an album track called "Got Your Number." It was taught by Creating Keepsakes creative editor Megan Hoeppner. (Can I just say that it was beyond wonderful to meet her...she is a wonderful teacher and so so sweet.) Her class was THE best. I am so happy that I took it. We made the most amazing album under her guidance.

First I'll set up the ambiance. We enter the room and are handed this huge box of supplies for our album. (Woohoo for huge boxes of supplies!) Megan had a playlist of different songs going and she is so clever that each of the songs included references to numbers. (I had "Jenny I got your number, 8675309iiiyine playing in my head for the first few hours...thanks Megan. ha!) So the scene was set and boy let me tell you it really was all about the numbers... There was cute little banners and decor on the walls...

And a fun table where we would be able to "shop" for layout candy...
My photos really don't do it justice. I seriously die for this apothecary chest. She said she got it at an antique shop as well as the old school flash cards.

 So cool right? She did all of this work to get us into the number mood...

Ok. So here is what I created...the cover of the album...
 I give that stunning ribbon TWO thumbs up and a big Y-U-M.

Title page...

First few layouts...Favorite time of day..

Sudoku inspired layout...

25 ways we have fun...
 Notice anything new and inventive on this page?
Those are cupcake liners, people. CUPCAKE liners! How sweet is that?

This is my work table. I have to admit the clutter during these classes sort of puts a kink in my creative flow...but I just decided to embrace the mess and create in spite of it...

Bucket List layout....
I've always wanted to create a page for my bucket list. This is just 10 of the items on it. But I love the layout and the fact that Megan encouraged us to choose things we haven't and HAVE done. Plus we each made our own fabric paper flower. Bonus!

Remember that table I showed you earlier? This is the layout that ties that all in together. We each got to shop the different number options she had available for our projects...Here is July 26
Megan asked us to choose two significant years in our life and bring pictures that corresponded. I chose these two because they just happened to be on the same date...and one is from our wedding day! Fun concept. I'd love to do more of these glimpses of time.

So that was the class. She had bingo (more numbers), a math game, and other fun numbo jumbo for prizes. It was such a fun time. I'm not kidding when I say I was bummed to have to walk out of there after 8 hours knowing that the class was over. I wanted Megan to teach us for the next day too! But alas, that was not the plan.

Seriously though, I get it. Now I fully understand why women (let's be real, there are no men) go to these events year after year all over the country. You get a chance to meet incredible like minded people. Preserving our families memories is important to all of us for whatever reason....and we all go about doing it in different ways. This is a place to come learn some new and interesting things from some of the best in the industry. And meet great new friends along the way...

I'm talking about you, girls! :)

See you next time. I simply wouldn't miss it!


1 comment: