Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On That Note

Since we started out the week with a big birthday I have aging on my brain. Why not take this opportunity to show some birthday layouts? (I don't know why not....so here they are)

"Chuck E Bday to You"...
I'll admit that really the only reason I did this layout is so that I had an excuse to use the game tickets I swiped from Nakiah's stash that day.

"2 Tired 2 Celebrate 2"...
This one uses the sew easy tool with the banner tip. Pretty cool, huh?

Evareaux manages to look so sad in her bday pictures...the excitement just wears her out. Maybe one day she will grow out of that problem and I can get some "happy" birthday snapshots for a change.

"Can't Believe I'm 29"...
For this layout I did paper piecing for a chevron effect. For the record, I do NOT think that 29 is old by any stretch of the imagination...shoot, I don't even really think 39 is old. But growing up I remember thinking that at 29 you are a bona-fide grown up...so for me it is just surreal because being a "grown up" didn't keep me from wanting a giant cake and more gifts then I could count. ;)

Journaling says: "It's just one of those ages as a kid I thought was so adult. Next year I'll be in my 30's! But for now I will enjoy what is left of 20.

"A Very Minnie Bday"...
OBSESSED with this aqua trim from Crate Paper. I have purchased more and am officially going into hoarding mode with this. It is ga-ga-gorgeous in person. 

1 comment:

  1. So much to love! I love how you cut out that striped paper on the first layout. I love how you stitched the banners on the 2nd layout. I love how you wrapped the ribbon around the photo on the "A Very Minnie Bday" layout!

    ReplyDelete