Monday, December 15, 2014

O Christmas Tree(s)

Right before Thanksgiving I was bitten by the bottle brush tree bug. Instead of prepping for the holiday I found myself dyeing trees...


I decided to do a little ombre rainbow collection.... seeing them lined up all cute and tiny on my typewriter made me crave more. I wanted a whole forest!


So I did some tree recon and found out that a JoAnn Fabrics not too far from me had 6 packages of these bad boys.. plus they were on sale... and I was able to use a special coupon for the entire purchase (LOVE it when the timing works out like that!). I ended up getting each package for around $4. Total Steal!!


The obsession is real....I used every single color of ink I own. I can't get enough. It's so fun you guys!


Even Buddy McElfersteen got in on the action. Who knew he was such a tree hugger?


Truth be told I don't really know what to do with them. I thought about giving some away as gifts, but I just can't part with them! Seeing my little rainbow forest all lined up just makes me happy. So I guess I'll continue to hoard them and probably keep my eye out for even more. :)


Warning: If you decide to hop on the tree dying band wagon it might be wise to wear gloves. My hands looked like this about half way through.. and a couple of weeks later are still a little blue. :)


3 comments:

  1. This make me smile! I love all the colors....no wonder you want to hoard them...I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how you dyed these!

    ReplyDelete