Thursday, April 9, 2015

Confession Thursday

Thought I'd start a new segment on the ole blog.. you know, another thing I will forget to repeat and a year from now will chastise myself for, for being such a slacker. ;) I'm going to call it Confession Thursday... cuz, well, that's what I'm doing, and that's what day it is. I'm going to come clean about some stuff and I figured I'd invite ya'll along for the ride. These are totally random things that have been sitting in my brain that I just never get around to writing about. Here goes nothing...

* I really, really, want to figure out how to sell my art/crafts so that I can contribute financially to my family. I often joke that if I had a dollar for every time I heard "you should have an Etsy." Or, "you could totally sell those.." I'd never have to "work" again. The problem is that my brain works in that creative, come up with ideas and make stuff, way.. but simply does not translate to sales. I often feel like a waste of talent.

*My kids drive me bonkers sometimes quite a bit. I feel like I follow a lot of people of social media and blogs and what not, and they have these picture perfect lives.. which I'm sure are not really picture perfect all of the time.. but it sure looks like it. And sometimes after I scroll through RosyInstagram I feel like I'm coming up short as a Mom. The truth is that I'm doing my best, and I would not trade them for the world.. I love them to bits, but they also make me kooky. & sometimes I want to lock myself in a closet and hide for awhile.

*Sometimes when our oldest walks through the house (he's 18) I get startled... like if the house is quiet and I'm say, sitting at my desk gleefully blogging... and he walks by to get his boots on for work I like, jump! He is the size of a grown man and I guess I'm just not used to that. In my mind both of my older boys are perpetually frozen at the age of 7. I mean, I know they are not 7 anymore.. but sometimes I just look at them like, how? Cliche, but so true... and I also look at them in amazement that I didn't totally screw them up. :) so far. ;)

*I hate to meal plan, grocery shop, and even cook. But I often think about meals or food as rewards.. treats for good behavior. You'd think I would like the preparation part more because of that, but I loathe it.. truly. The kids are on Spring Break this week and honestly the hardest part of it is all the food! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and more snacks. It feels like such work!

*I thought coloring my hair bright, funky colors would make me take time to style it more often. Nope. It still goes right into a pony or messy bun the moment I wake up. Seems like kind of a waste of cool hair.. but I guess I'm just a messy bun kinda girl. I tell you what. 32 years, and I still have no idea what to do with my long, curly locks.

*I love taking baths, but the water is never hot enough. I want to come out of there looking like a lobster.. but much to my dismay, I never accomplish that. When I was pregnant I used to worry about how the heat would effect the baby. I may or may not have even googled "baths during pregnancy + boiling the baby." ..just to make sure it would be ok. Also, don't judge, I had pregnancy brain.

*I love candy but dislike chocolate.. unless it's butterfingers or reese's cups... and then I only like it because I eat all of the chocolate off in order to get to the good stuff, the insides. I seriously have candy stashed all over the house and it takes major restraint not to shove my face with it all day, everyday. I'm super impressed with those people who "go off sugar" for whatever amounts of time. I've narrowed it down to one day a week of indulging.. but look forward to that so much that I can't imagine giving it up totally.

*I have Mom-Wife-guilt over my roller derby hobby... but not enough guilt to stop playing, apparently. It's a really expensive sport. Nice skates/plates can be around $500. Wheels upwards of $100 a set. All of the pads, safety gear, gas money to and from practices, traveling expenses for tournaments, jerseys. It's a lot. Not to mention the time it takes away from my family. I practice around 3x a week and the space is an hour from our house... so there are a lot of times I basically run out the door when Hottie gets home so I can make warm ups on time... but I love it... and it has also been really good for me... and the family is very supportive so I don't forsee giving it up any time soon.

So those are some confessions for ya. If you took the time to read that you (are my new best friend) probably learned some stuff about me.. which is kinda cool. Maybe you can relate? What kind of confessions do you have? Let's make this a thing!

Oh! ...to make this the longest post ever, here is what spurred this idea on for me... I made this layout because I joke about how everything looks better filtered.. or how much filters can change what's really going on.. and it made me think about under the surface, real life stuff that I wanted to share.. thus, Confession Thursday...




7 comments:

  1. Yay! Love your post today! I also love the blue hair and how it pops on the pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am with you on every one of these, especially the way people portray their lives in social media. I would love to do something like this. I have a million weird thoughts every day. I think I will at least write them down so I can document somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to many of these! Especially how the kids drive you crazy. My confession for today is this: Sometimes I feel guilty because I feel like I love J more than I love R. It's probably because she's 4 and a big 'ol stubborn sassy pants and he's an infant who is just the sweetest thing ever who doesn't ever talk back, eats what I give him, and is generally well behaved and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude! I totally know what you're saying! It's hard to not feel like the baby is the "favorite" for all of the reasons you stated. .. don't worry, he'll grow up soon and drive you nuts too.. and then you'll feel like you love whichever kid isn't giving you a headache more. Something to look forward to! ;)

      Delete
  4. WOW - that was so fun and so refreshing - I sometimes HATE Social Media because if the way I tend to feel that there is NO WAY I am ever going to be enough after scrolling through ANY of it!!! I do LOVE Social Media though because I get feedback from other people and if it weren't for facebook I would never know what was going on in my relatives and other peoples lives!! Also - sometimes and it often happens - I just want to be alone in my bedroom, or my house and hear myself think!! And sometimes I really just don't know or can't find the words to adequately express how I feel when I am commenting on blogs!! I feel like I am saying the same things over and over - ad nauseum!!! And for my last confession - I LOVE THE AVENGERS and I hate super hero movies - so go figure!!! Thanks for asking for a few confessions - hope I have not overloaded you and again I think YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never overload me, and you know your comments always make my day! Also, the Avengers are pretty cool and there is another one coming out soon. YAY!

      Delete