Thursday, March 19, 2015

Happy

Hello! When I said it was Makes Me Happy Week, I guess I meant week(s). and when I said I'd explain why I was doing these posts by tomorrow, I meant four days later. :) Sometimes you just have to go with it.

So here's the explanation... you all know (cuz you read every word I write, right? hehe) that last year for my One Little Word I chose: Resolve.  oye. It really was the perfect word for getting through 2014. It took a tremendous amount of resolve to plow forward and trust and put a lot of work into action, and all that... but sometimes I would look at the word posted on my wall and I'd feel like, what a bummer man! It was certainly my reality at the time.. but I thought, this is my life? yuck.

In the interest of completely switching gears for 2015 and moving forward into a better place (you've probably guessed it. Or maybe you got bored and stopped reading three paragraphs ago)... I decided that 2015 is all about happy. finding happy. being happy. embracing happy. happy in even the crappiest of days. happy, happy, happy. There's always room for it. I want to grab onto happy with both hands and never ever ever never let it go again. (too intense?) ;) I want to milk every ounce of happy out of every single second I can in every single possible moment. (yeah, intense and kinda creepy.) oh well, you get the point.

Depression is still a prevalent issue in my day to day. I've taken a lot of steps to work through it. I'm going to counseling, doing the work, etc. Still, I'm not gonna lie, it's a challenge.. but you know what? you can't keep a good dog down... and I don't want to let the dark clouds that roll in keep me from looking for the happy in every day. The word helps. It refocuses me, reminds me of the goal I have to seek happiness this year. So there you have it!

Here's a layout I made as a little reminder...





What's your word?

4 comments:

  1. fab-u-lous page! Love that you are trucking along and how openly you are with your battle! Constant reminders are a great start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! I am so HAPPY for you that you pocked this word - so perfect and I admire so much the zest with which you are approaching your word!! Good for you - your layout is beautiful - I hope you have framed it and put it somewhere that you will see it often to help you stay focused!! Awesome and Amazing - that is what you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should put it up on the wall as a reminder. Good idea!

      Delete