Sunday, May 19, 2013

50 lbs.



It's hard to believe I've lost 50 pounds in the past 7 months. But I have, and I couldn't be prouder. Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and be a bit surprised.... or I'll try on a size 8 dress thinking, "no chance in hell this is gonna fit"... and then it does. And then I buy it. Cuz it's single digits ya'll. And for a girl who felt perpetually stuck fluctuating between a 12-14 single digits are a big deal.

Ultimately my goal is to lose another 15-20. I plan to be a size 6. I will be toned, strong, and healthy. Sometimes it's hard for me to slow down and enjoy my accomplishments. I'm someone who puts my head down and plows forward... eyes focused on the goal. (This constant behavior has even earned me the nickname "Ox."... that and my freakish strength.) Thats all fine and dandy, but when you actually do something like lose 50 lbs. (FIFTY!) it's probably ok to take a moment and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Right? 

I created this layout as a little reminder of what a great thing I've done.... 



Celebrating has been exceedingly difficult since I've undeniably hit a plateau in this journey. I've been stuck at my current weight for 3 weeks now. One of those weeks I slid off the healthy wagon head first into a pile of cakes (thank you, May birthdays). So that was a bit of a fail. (epic fail.)  But the other 2 I was my usual hard working self.... still no change on the scale. It's tempting to let that get me down. To think maybe I will never reach my ultimate goals. But then I think.... no way. I've come this far...... nothing can stop me now.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Elizabeth! That's a huge accomplishment and you look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I've been in the process of gaining/losing weight my entire life and I know that it is difficult! Starting our return from mutha effin' pigeon forge baby :) both my hubby and I will be starting the 30 Day Shred program and then jumping right into P90x so hopefully I'll be able to brag like you in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! You look amazing for someone who just had a baby seven months ago!

    ReplyDelete