Friday, April 12, 2013

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

This one....
has had trouble written all over her lately.

They say "terrible twos," I'm calling bs. For little miss Evareaux it's more like 3 and a halfs, and I would use a much stronger word  than "terrible".....

She has been a reeeeeeeeal sassafras lately...... as evidenced in this picture....

While my Mom was visiting Ev had the fit/tantrum/disobedience of a lifetime.... in a dressing room. Suffice it to say that I have never been more embarrassed of her. EVER. I had to literally drag her out of the mall kicking and screaming for dear life. Seriously, her the screams were so epic people looked at me like I was kidnapping... and all I could think was, "no, I'm not stealing her... this little monster is allll mine.... sigh."

Whoever said girls are way harder than boys was right (my Mother in law said that... Sue. You were SO right!) 

The other day I was working on this layout....
 I walked away for a second and she turned it into this.....

She'll be four in less then a month and I am hoping and praying and crossing all of my fingers and toes that she will snap out of this sassy phase and into one where she is more sweet, more regularly. I mean, I have some of the best moments ever with her... ones where I'm so happy to be her Mom that I am convinced my heart is going to burst out of my chest. Then two minutes later she's a disaster! Somethings gotta give. 

I also feel like it's compounded by the fact that my hands are so full right now..... I am constantly multitasking... like right now... I am writing this post while filling out her bday invites... while waiting for the spaghetti to cook.. while listening to the baby on the monitor.. while printing out my roller derby waivers... I mean, how do you fit preventing toddlergeddon in that to-do list?!

aaaaaaand. to wind this up, just now Nakiah called down the stairs, "Evareaux, it's dinner time!" and she shouted back, "NO! NEVVVVER!" Then she ran over, dumped all of her spaghetti on to the table to eat with her face and hands and then wiped her saucy hands all over Nakiahs sleeve. yeah, awesome. Hey, I heard there is a book out there with a title "Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy"... maybe I should check it out... hopefully there is not a need for a four year old version...... please, say there's not.

2 comments:

  1. Three was waaayyyy worse than two around here. Four was much easier! She's really cute though so that has to be some consolation, right? ;) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my friends have said that it's really the Terribe 3's not the Terrible 2's. Let me tell you, this scares the shit out of me. Like your daughter, R can be SO sweet one moment and the next I am looking at her like, "WTF is going on here??" Apparently the 4 year mark is when everything gets better...I hope so for your sake, but it's going to be a long 1.5 years for me!

    ReplyDelete