Monday, April 29, 2013

Preschool Fashion

Is there anything more awesome about having a preschooler then observing what kind of cockamamie outfits they are going to come up with from day to day? My daughter is a nut when it comes to her clothes. She is all about Woody and Buzz shirts, striped pants (if I can talk her into keeping her pants on, that is), anything Minnie or Mickey and totally inappropriate attire for whatever weather might be.  



Yesterday she even put on panties over her leggings (but I blame roller derby for that.) (sadly I did not snap a photo.)




Although I would love nothing more than dressing her in endless dresses and tutus and glitter and leggings with adorable boots (don't judge, she's my only girl) I had to give up the ghost. She has a mind of her own (darn it) and that means she has her own fashion sense (or nonsense)... so I pretty much let her dictate the wardrobe and guide her when I can ("Evareaux, you have to wear pants to school.")... and let the occasional jammy day or princess costume slide. (her hair is a whole other issue that most days I'm not willing to tackle.) I'm sure I'll look back on these days fondly and long again for preschool fashion moments.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I can't wait until Ruby dresses herself. It's going to be epic! Until then I'll enjoy dressing her myself :)

    ReplyDelete