Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

On Sunday I hosted an impromptu mini Halloween shindig for my family. It wasn't much.... just some of my famous caramel apple dip, our family tradition of mummy dogs (Hottie's Mom started that and the kids LOVE them!), spicy cider, some silly smile suckers, and pumpkin carving. The kids had so much fun and I really didn't have to put in that much effort to make it special, so it's a win-win.

Here's what it looked like...

His day was made when he saw the dip he'd been waiting for all year....

 I love that Aidan & I are giving the same eyes here... trying to convey how spoooooky we look. ;)

 Someone was VERY excited for this party..... candy and doritos? SCORE!


Eventually Dezi joined the party too, kinda....

DONE!

 Mummy Dogs... hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls and baked.... mustard for eyes....

Kiah insisted I take a photo with the pumpkins to show the "holiday spirit"....
 
Almost every family member made it into this photo.... SO close!

So we are ready for the holiday. Tonight should be interesting though... it is supposed to be in the 30's temperature wise... and my kids are still under the impression that a hooded sweatshirt is in fact a jacket (silly Californians).... so, yeah. We are going to freeze our tootsies off! We'll see how long we last. I am predicting a short evening. Hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment