Tuesday, May 29, 2012

So You Had a Bad Day & Project Life

Yesterday was not a great day. It started out early and with kids whining and screaming and complaining. This is pretty unusual in our house...especially at the crack of dawn. So needless to say I was thrown. Then my prego hormones kicked into overdrive. I took them to the park in an effort to "do something" and get some energy out. But it was a total bust... once we got home I began to search online for summer activities..... I suck at interweb (haha, I am 90) searches, so that really didn't lift my spirits. Then I began to feel like a failure as a mother. How can I keep my kids off of the computer, tv, and xbox all summer if I don't even know where to take them or what to do? (and I have no energy cuz of the whole bun in the oven thing..and get hot easily.) In California I would just spend a couple of days a week at the beach or local lagoon. Here? I have to work on it.

What it all comes down to is it was just a bad day. It happens. There are plenty of things to "do" in our city. ..... I just have to learn where to go and when. ....and I have to give myself a break. Now that I am a stay at home Mom I think I put pressure on myself to be all things to all people. That is not realistic. I don't have to entertain my children 7 days a week. They have a big yard and more than enough toys. If I just find a balance of activity and non-activity I will be happy. Surely this will not be my last bad day of the summer (they can't all be popsicles and watermelon people)... but it is nice to know that I got through it, and now I can embrace being in a new city and being totally clueless about my surroundings. Bring it on.

And moving on...I did find that doing a little project helped lift my spirits. Something about capturing all those random moments life has to offer. It made me smile yesterday through the freak outs. I am catching up from before the move which means that I got to finish the weeks with birthdays and Disneyland and American Crafts guest designing...











I have more to show you soon. I am really on a roll with catching up. Having so much keeping this project simple and quick and easy. With so many different things going on I am really happy I decided to capture every week. I think we will look back and laugh at what a whirl-wind it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment