Saturday, May 5, 2012

In Your Dreams

I've been dreaming and hoping and wishing and praying for a scraproom I could call my very own for a long, LONG time. Finally in this new house we will have the space to make my dream come true. Now comes the fun part. Decorating! Organizing! Making it perfect for ME! YAY! I am so excited. Can you tell?

I've been pulling ideas and inspiration for quite some time (well before I even knew this would actually happen) from pinterest, magazines, blogs, everywhere! I wanted to give you all an idea of where I am headed with this so that you can see the process from beginning to end.

This is what the room looks like (with the previous owners stuff still in it)...
 It's got two big windows and wood floors and is just off of the living room and kitchen. I can't wait to fill it to the brim with a ton of pretty scrap crap! AND. I was thinking of course I would give it a different paint color...but then I read in this silly "know your color" book that crabapple is MY color. And, that is crabapple (yuck)! So, should I keep it for a bit and see if it sparks my creativity?

The only things that I know for sure is that I can do anything I want with it (so stinking exciting)...and that I will be using one of these expidit shelves somewhere in there...See how well they work for crafts?

I'm also dreaming of a lot of shelving//drawers//desk toppers like these....
Especially loving wire baskets so you can easily see whats inside. I want it to have an organized and functional look but it HAS to be super cute as well. :)

These are what I mean by cute...
Love the colors and wall hangings on this one...
 What a pretty desk and chair and accessories...
 AH! The more I look at inspiration like this the more excited I get to do my own room...

I would love to put prints like these on the wall....
 Well, actually the one on the left is a cork board cloud. I'm going to make a few of those for sure.

I would die for a desk like this....
but not sure if it's all that practical for scrapping.

 and a piece like this....
wire baskets and drawers! LOVE!

Truth be told I just bought these for my new kitchen...
but now I'm thinking they would look really cute in my scrap room.

 So, tomorrow as I am boarding the plane I will be thinking about the planning of my very own scrap sanctuary....and praying that my 3 year old doesn't go completely bananas on either flight....you know, the important things. BTW-I should be thinking about the exciting prospects of decorating and arranging the rest of my new home...but I am stuck on the nursery and scraproom. I guess I know my priorities. I'll keep you posted on how all this unfolds. For now, I am just excited that tomorrow we will be HOME! Even though none of our stuff will be there yet... Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment