Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sometimes It's Appreciating the Little Things That Makes the Big Things Seem So Much Bigger.

The other day I got some not so happy news. I'm not gonna lie, it got me down. But I just couldn't stay in that slump. So I painted my fingernails electric blue with glitter on top (hey, it's the little things). That made me smile which was a nice start. Then I did more little things as the day went on (you know, like putting my Coke Zero on crushed ice, etc.) in an effort to continue to lift my spirits. And little by little they lifted. What really put me over the edge was a little piece of mail... I wasn't expecting it so soon....=)


I guess I should fill you all in quickly. A little back story. A few months ago I received and email from Creating Keepsakes magazine. They were asking to use one of my layouts in their awesome, amazing, delightful magazine. (Insert jump for joy and popping champagne here.) I can't even begin to explain how that made me feel at this point in time. Suffice it to say that it was a dream come true. Later that same week I got another request. WOW. I was catapulted into the atmosphere and over the moon. I rubbed my eyes a few times and read and re-read those emails to be sure. Long story short, (don't worry I will fill you in on the process and everything entailed later) I sent in the two layouts.

Creating Keepsakes pays for projects featured in the magazine. The piece of mail that showed up was the check. From CK! It was that not so happy day that officially turned me into a paid (I like to say "pro" ha!) scrapbooker. Needless to say this little envelope made my day. BIG time.


I can't wait to show you the layouts CK chose. They will be in the October 2011 issue.

1 comment: