Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More Studio Calico

The Paper Moon kit was so inspiring I had to make the time to utilize more of it's contents.  I felt that the colors were just perfect for a couple of "boy" themed layouts I had been wanting to create.

The first one is '"rrrrRROAR,"means I love you in dinosaur." I found this quote on Pinterest awhile back and knew instantly that it had to be paired with these photos somehow. (Prepare yourself, because my nephew is a total cutie!)....
I wanted to give the "ROAR" a life of it's own on the page. I think the sewing and paper strips along with stickers helped accomplish that. The chipboard thickers on this layout were so fun to work with. They proved to be very versatile. I doodled with a pencil on these ones. In the future I could see misting or painting them, or even decorating with leftover rub-ons. There are so many possibilities, really.

Here is a closer look...
I really like how sewing on the photo turned out with the grey thread. It was my first time sewing right on a photo like this & it won't be the last!


Up next is a layout about my "Silly Boy..."
I'm pleased with the layered photo look.  I liked both of the snapshots where he was covering his face, because they help tell the story. But I didn't want them to take over the layout. This was a nice solution. The photo mat was easy to create with the awesome Crate Paper patterned paper and stitching.  Also a nice find in this kit is the candy dot buttons by Pebbles.  They are nice and thick with adhesive backing. I have big plans for them on more projects.

One more layout with this kit and then I will be ready for my next one to arrive.  Right on time...along with about 10 other projects I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment