Monday, September 3, 2012

Why I Love Project Life

Proof is in the pudding... I have kept up. See?! ....

 journaling about our not so fantastic Fourth...
 world's tastiest doughnut and lemonade.. you know, the important things.

 selecting paint for the scrap space and starting nursery projects...
 car rides of all kinds with a trip to see family...


 bravely starting and finishing the chevron office, Aidan comes back home...
 space for journaling about the nugget's to do's....

and this is why I love project life....

The other day Nakiah snuck into my office and opened the PL album. I found him giggling and flipping pages....
He looked up and said, "remember when we did this Mom? That was the best." It made me so happy.

This is exactly why I do this project. How else can you record everyday memories like chalk drawings on the driveway, your potty training misadventures, how he lights up when his little sis pushes him down the driveway on a skateboard? What better way to have all of these minute details in one neat little place to remind us? We can see clearly a baby bump grow from week to week and our family experience our first year in a new state. It's all documented in project life.

I don't know if I will do this every year. But I do know that I am so happy I took the plunge and realized the importance and the unparalleled advantages of sticking with this challenge during this particular year of our lives. We will never have another one like it.... there is a lot to document... and a lot to giggle at.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! Almost makes me want to start project life for this year right now! :)

    ReplyDelete