Monday, September 10, 2012

Modern Mobile

I wanted to do a modern take on a baby mobile for the Nugget's nursery. But it couldn't be something over his bed, because there's a mural now & I don't want to cover it up any more than the crib already does...

(this baby wanted to try out her old crib)


So I found a nice spot in the corner between a window and the dresser that seemed like a good fit. This way my little Mister can look at it while he gets his dipe changed... and that will hopefully distract him from peeing in my face. (yuck... but it can happen with boys if you're not on top of your game.)

To start I ordered these pom poms, festive flowers, and lanterns by Martha Stewart Crafts from Amazon. Luckily they offer some colors that would work in this room. I just left out the girly ones. 
 
Then I picked up this hoop from the floral section of a grocery store. $1.32
 Covered it with felt (which later I covered with yarn... so maybe do that instead if you make one. It's a cleaner look.) 
 After fluffing and prepping all of the different shapes I laid them out on the floor in a way that I figured would be close to how I wanted them arranged on the mobile. (wrong, but at least I could see what I was workin' with.)
 I found that working right from the ceiling was the best. That way I could see how each item dangled.
 Here's a little further along in the process...
 ...and the finished product!

The nursery is so close to being done I can taste it!!!!!! The list of to-do's has dwindled down to two or three, which feels better than I can tell you. I can't wait to share the whole shebang with you. Soon, soon, I swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment