Saturday, June 18, 2011

Studio Calico

I love kit clubs.  There is just something about them that works for me.  Maybe it's the fact that after shopping in the same two stores for years (you know who you are...rhymes with Shmichael's and Shmo-Ann's) I wanted more. More new lines. More variety. More product!

Joining a kit club is a great way to get a collection of goodies that have been hand picked to use together.  It also allows you to connect with other scrappers and see what they have done with the same products you received. Share ideas, inspire and be inspired.  Once in a while you may even get things that you would not have purchased on your own for whatever reason. That's great, it opens your eyes to new and exciting things and different ways to use them....this leads to creating more pages. No dreaded slump! :)

My two fav kit clubs right now are Studio Calico and Sweet Peach Crop Shop. Today I am writing about SC, but I really hope to work with Sweet Peach in the future because their kits rock my world.

I was so excited when my first kit arrived in the mail...
How could I not be with a box like this?


Inside was a lovely little bag...


With a darling little sticker enclosure...


and here are all of the fantastic products...


Super cute! Some of this stuff (like the Smash tags) are things that I attempted to purchase online but were sold out.  So I was delighted to see them in my kit.

Even the packing tag they include is adorable. Since I'm all about using every scrap I will probably find a way to incorporate this cowgirl into a layout....


Here is a page I designed using the kit. (Of course it has to be all about Dad, it IS his weekend after all) Fun, fun, fun.


Isn't that tag cool? It was handmade by Amy Tangerine.  I think it may be exclusive to this kit.  It gave me a great ideas for all of those blank ones I recently  picked up (see, inspired already).  Well, off to scrap some more. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment